Constructed in 1869 and leased by R. L. Massey & Co. Bakers and Confectioners, the Mall (now Moseley Street) Bakery supplied bread to Glenelg, Brighton, and Plympton. The bakery also catered for tea meetings and picnics.
R. S. Massey & Co. Bakers and Confectioners c1890, State Library of South Australia - B28612
Above is the northern side of The Mall Bakery, circa 1890. There was a garden seat in the fenced area on the roof from which to view events happening in the street.