James Cornick was granted the first license for the Jetty Hotel in December 1869. Cornick had a 6 roomed residence on the western end. In 1928 the hotel changed its name to Hotel St. Vincent but it is now the Glenelg Jetty Hotel.
Southern side of Jetty Road, Glenelg - left to right - Alexandra Terrace, P. Whelan & Co. Clothiers, Jetty Hotel and the Pier Hotel c1880, State Library of South Australia - B11371
James Cornick also built the building on the corner of Jetty Road and Moseley Street in which P. Whelan & Co. Clothiers was situated.